Most Up To Date Pokémon Simulator

Pokémon Online is the most popular, accurate, and complete Pokémon battle simulator out there. Open source, it's currently available in 11 languages, on your computer or your Android device. It hosts more than a million battles per month. Download the latest version and enjoy competitive battles across all six generations in real time against trainers from around the world!

Download
v 2.5.1

[BW2 Ubers] Uber Attack (peaked at #65 on the Wi-Fi Ubers Ladder with 1426 points and Climbing)

Discussion in 'Teams' started by fidgety, Jul 18, 2011.

Moderators: fitzy
  1. fidgety

fidgety New Member

Well back to Ubers, i've decided that i probably should get back to my old Offensive Ubers teams (i find Balanced doesn't work as well in Ubers for me), so i Started from Scratch and here is the Result.

IMPORTABLE​

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Psystrike
    - Aura Sphere

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dragon Pulse

Arceus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Claw
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Earthquake

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Overheat
    - ExtremeSpeed

Kyogre @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Gyro Ball[/HIDE]

Building Process​

Before i start i'm being half original in place of the usual Eggs/Random shitty first form Bug Types i'm using pokemon from the LC ubers tier as the filler slots (it is only appropriate that the LC ban list pokes get used in a team built for a meta based on the Standard Ban list as the filler pokes).

First of all I needed a core to Build from most of my Favorite teams have Started with the E-Speed Killer Arceus + SD Rayquaza Priority Abuse core so i started there.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next i wanted an E-speed-Killer Check Put in Scarf-Dialga figuring it my team needs Groudon i'll just go to Palkia For Revenge Killing.

Next I decided Dialga would do its job more than well enough and as i've been meaning to Try out Ogre for a while now (that right i hadn't used the "king of Ubers" since i started ubers play about 12-14 month ago) so i put in the Physically Defensive RTCM Ogre, Gave Arceus Shadow Claw over Fire Blast and Gave Ray Overheat in Place of Earthquake.

now then i needed a Stall Breaker i Realized that 1 under Rain Giratina-O's performance would be severely compromised and 2 Mewtwo pretty much fits this team perfectly to there is my Stall Breaker.

Now Finally my team is without both a hazard setter and a Spinner so that means i have really 1 option for this last slot the way i play and it is Forretress.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/HIDE]

AT A GLANCE​

THE TEAM​

[​IMG]@ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Psystrike
    - Aura Sphere

Well another team with aboslutely no proper lead so lets Start with my Stall breaker Mewtwo. All out Attacking LO set, Thunder is in the Slot i usually use for Fire Blast but as Fire blast is only 60 BP under Rain i decided bad idea, Ice beam Gives me Bolt-Beam coverage, While Psystrike is mewtwo's STAB move and Checks against the Physical Defense stat making it very useful for stall-breaking, Aura Sphere is to hit Darkrai, Dialga, and Ferrothorn (and a couple others i can't think of ATM).

Other Options: None ATM.

Synergy:[​IMG] Dark: Dialga(1/2); Forretress (1/2).
    [​IMG] Ghost: Dialga (1/2); Forretress (1/2); Arceus (X0).
    [​IMG] Bug: Dialga (1/2); Forrtress (1/2); Rayquaza (1/2).

[​IMG] @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dragon Pulse

Scarf Dialga probably the Best Offensive E-speedkiller Check and Revenge Killer. Draco Meteor is The main STAB move and Easily Dialga's best attack, Aura Sphere and Thunder Beat any and all Steels, Dragon Pulse is For late Game Cleaning. The EVs allow Dialga maximize power while outspeeding Neutral Deoxys-A and the leftover from that is going into HP.

Other Options: Put the Speed Investment back to the maximum.

Synergy: [​IMG] Fighting: Mewtwo (1/2); Rayquaza (1/2).
    [​IMG] Ground: Rayquaza (X0).

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Claw
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Earthquake

Extremespeed-Killer Arceus first member of my 2 part Priority Abuse Core and first Setup Sweeper of 3. the Standard one for a Change since giving it Fire Blast/Overheat in the Rain is a Stupid idea, Swords Dance Boosts my Attack, Extremespeed is my Main STAB and also Has a useful Priority aspect to it, Shadow Claw Beats Giratina-O/A, Arceus-Ghost, And Lugia, though they require prior damage beyond rocks, Earthquake is for grounded Steels. The EVs allow for Maximum Power while outspeeding all the Base 90s, while the Remainder goes into HP.

Other Options: The Ghost Type Version of this Set just i can say ok i have a Spin Blocker (probably not hapenning but just putting it on the table anyway).

Synergy: [​IMG] Fighting: Mewtwo (1/2); Rayquaza (1/2).

[​IMG]@ Life Orb
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Overheat
    - ExtremeSpeed

SD Rayquaza the second member of my Priority abuse core ad Second Setup Sweeper of 3. Swords Dance again boosts attack by 2 stages (+2 = double, +4 = triple, +6 = quadruple), Outrage Servers as Ray's main STAB with its 120 BP (180 pst STAB), Overheat is Here since Air Lock Negates Rain and is to beat Steels not named Heatran, E-Speed allows me to beat (or at least damage) faster threats.

Other Options: None ATM.

Synergy: [​IMG] Ice: Forrtress (1/2); Kyogre (1/2).
    [​IMG]: Rock: Dialga (1/2).
    [​IMG] Dragon: Forretress (1/2).

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

RT CM Ogre my third setup sweeper of 3. this is Essentially the Ubers version of Crocune, Rest allowing it to regain HP, Sleep Talk keeping it from being a sitting duck while Asleep, Calm Mind to allow it to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense (Ideally to +6/+6), Surf to give it an Attacking Option and STAB (with Rain surf has more than 200 power).

Other Options: Scald Over Surf for that Burn Chance.
    Bold Nature for Better Physical Bulk.

Synergy: [​IMG] Electric: Dialga (1/2)
    [​IMG] Grass: Forretress (1/4); Dialga (1/4); Rayquaza (1/4).

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Gyro Ball

Standard Specially Defensive Forry. The team's Spinner keeping it safe from Hazards, Stealth Rock (damages switchins (damage is calculated with 12.5%*oposing resistance/weakness to rock) and T-Spikes (poisons enemys that aren't Flying, Steel, or Poison types or have the Abilities Levitate or Immunity, Grounded Poison Types remove Toxic Spikes Upon Switching in, 1 layer of T-Spikes inFlicts the regular Poison Status, 2 Layers the Badly Poisoned Status) are the entry Hazards of Choice, and Gyro Ball allows me to deal actual Damage (just remember to set the Speed IV to 0).

Other Options: Spikes Over T-Spikes.
    Volt Switch To help with offensive Momentum with a Calm Nature.
    Payback to hit Giratina-A/O harder with a Careful Nature.

Synergy: [​IMG] Fire: Rayquaza (1/2); Kyogre (1/2).

In Summary, this team has done all I expected it to and more most notable being able to bounce back from being put in a corner due to early game hax to Win (or at least come very close if haxed further later on). The Priority Abuse Core has been as effective as ever, Mewtwo and Dialga as well, Ogre exceeded my Expectations, Forry has been as reliable as ever. The Team supports itself better than Anticipated, and can usually work around problematic pokes. All in all a huge Success.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. fidgety

fidgety New Member

Threat List

[​IMG]Mewtwo: Dialga can come in on anything bar Aura Sphere and a Sun Boosted Fire Blast and 1HKO with Draco Meteor.

[​IMG]Lugia: Mewtwo and Dialga both 2HKO with Thunder.

[​IMG]Ho-Oh: Mewtwo 2HKOs with Psystrike or Thunder, Dialga with Thunder.

[​IMG]Latias: Arceus 2HKOs with Shadow Claw + E-Speed, Ogre Sets up against non-Psyshock variants, and Dialga 1HKOs with Draco Meteor.

[​IMG]Latios: See Latias.

[​IMG]Kyogre: Rayquaza comes in on anything bar Ice Beam thanks to Air Lock, weakens Choice Scarf Variants with Extremespeed consequently weakening Water Spout or 2HKOs with Outrage.

[​IMG]Groudon: Ogre comes in on all sets though it needs to watch out for boosted Earthquakes and 1HKOs with Surf.

[​IMG]Rayquaza: Dialga comes in on anything other than Earthquake from non-Dragon Dance variants Dragon Dance variant get Beaten down by Arceus and Ray's Extremespeed.

[​IMG]Deoxys-A: Dialga Comes in on anything bar Superpower and 1HKOs (any move), Arceus and Ray 1HKO with their Extremespeeds.

[​IMG]Dialga: most Fall to the Aura Spheres of Dialga and Mewtwo and don't Appreciate Tanking Arceus' Earthquake, Scarfers Kyogre can take anything Bar Thunder which is taken by Dialga (remember Draco Meteor's Side Effect means i get to Rest before i die) and racks UP Calm Minds.

[​IMG]Palkia: Scarf Forretress Takes Dragon moves, Dialga Thunder, Kyogre tanks anything else (it can also take the Aforementioned Dragon moves if need be) and starts setting up Calm Minds.

[​IMG]Giratina: Ray and Dialga destroy it with their Dragon STABs.

[​IMG]Giratina-O: Dialga and Ray destroy it even faster than it's Altered form due to less Bulky and a more Offensive EVing

[​IMG]Manaphy: Dialga and Mewtwo's Thunder make short work of it.

[​IMG]Darkrai: Kyogre to absorb the Dark Void, Dialga and Mewtwo then Beat it with their Aura Spheres.

[​IMG]Shaymin-S: Dialga comes in on Anything other than Earth Power and KOs with Draco Meteor (Dragon Pulse if a sub is up though who the heck uses the sub-seeder).

[​IMG]Arceus: SD - Dialga Checks the SD sets very Well thanks to is resistance to Extremespeed.

CM - Beaten by Either Mewtwo's Psytrike or or Kyogre setting up Parallel and KOing with a boosted double STAB Surf.

Defensive - Beaten by Ogre settiing up on them or in some cases by Mewtwo.

[​IMG]Reshiram: Ogre can take anything bar a Specs-DM with no issues and Rest off the damage while threatening with Surf.

[​IMG]Zekrom: Dragon Moves are setup Fodder for Forretress, anything else is asking Dialga to come in and Destroy it with Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor.

[​IMG]Ferrothorn: Mewtwo and Dialga 2HKO with Aura Sphere, Ray 1HKOs with Overheat.

[​IMG]Forretress: Ray 1HKOs with Overheat, Ogre uses it for setup fodder.

[​IMG]Espeon: Forretress Gyro Balls on the switch, Kyogre Sets up on it, Mewtwo and Dialga 2HKO with Thunder and Draco Meteor respectively, Ray and Arceus 2HKO with E-speed.

[​IMG]Garchomp: Scarfers have Ray take the Fire Fang/Fire Blast or Earthquake, while Forretress sets up on Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Stone Edge, SD are 1HKO'd by Dialga's Draco Meteor (bar Haban-Chomp) or Mewtwo's Ice Beam (Bar Yache-Chomp).

[​IMG]Chansey: Mewtwo 2HKOs with Psystrike, Kyogre Sets up on it, and the Extremespeed Killers demolish it.

[​IMG]Blissey: See Chansey.

[​IMG]Terrakion: See Scarf-Chomp for the Scarf Sets, non-Scarf Die to Dialga's Draco Meteor or Mewtwo's Psystrike.

[​IMG]Scizor: Forry sets up on Band sets and Ray come in on anything other than BP and 1HKO's with Overheat, SD lose to Dialga's Thunder and Ogre's Surf.

[​IMG] Tyranitar: Mewtwo and Dialga 1HKO with Aura Sphere (after rocks on really Specially Defensive ones).

[​IMG] Thundurus: The NP set is beaten by Dialga's Draco Meteor and Mewtwo's Ice Beam, the LO Support set Loses to Arcues and Ray's Extremespeed.

[​IMG] Tentacruel: Mewtwo and Dialga 2HKO with Psystrike or Thunder, Arceus 1HKOs with EQ, Kyogre sets up against it.

[​IMG] Skarmory: Rayquaza's Overheat 1HKOs, as do Dialga and Mewtwo's Thunders.

[​IMG] Xatu: 1HKO'd by Mewtwo and Dialga's Thunders 1HKO'd by Arceus' +2 Shadow Claw.

[​IMG] Kingdra: Kyogre sets up on it, Rayquaza Outspeeds thanks to Air Lock negating Rain and comes in on Hydro Pump and Surf and 1HKOs with Outrage.

[​IMG] Heatran: Mewtwo and Dialga 2HKO with Aura Sphere, Arceus and Rayquaza 1HKO with Earthquake.

[​IMG] Excadrill: Ogre Strips it of its Precious sand and 1HKOs with Surf though it needs to be wary of a Boosted Earthquake, Ray's Air Lock Negates Sand and it KOs with Earthquake or Overheat for Balloon Variants.

[​IMG] Blaziken: will likely get a KO if it comes in on Forretress or Dialga after it uses Draco Meteor since i have to sac either Rayquaza or Arceus to get the Extremespeed 2HKO.

I will Likely not go into Depth concerning each individual Arceus Form but the Provided info should be enough to go on.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. Donkey

Donkey Banned

Looks like a fairly solid team, but I feel that the team will have large problems with stall teams, and opposing scarfers. Arceus is completely walled by Giratina (Shadow Claw at +4 will only do about 40 percent to a max def max hp Giratina with a +Def nature), Scarf Palkia OHKO's or 2HKO's your entire team while outspeeding every poke. The only real counter on your team to scarf Palkia is Arceus. Toxic Spikes affect two major sweepers that prevent certain threats that could tear through your team (Arceus vs Palkia, Mewtwo vs Dialga, etc), so thats why stall could be a problem.

However, if played right, and with good predictions, all of those threats can be avoided. Swords Dance Ray is more practical than DD considering the massive amount of Palkias and recently Garchomps, but DD Rayquaza can pull off some amazing sweeps.

For Kyogre I'd recommend this set:
    Kyogre @ Leftovers
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Calm Mind
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf
    - Rest
    [/HIDE]

With a -Spd ev, it can generally set up rain over Groudon's sun which is large advantage. -Atk natures work just as well, its preference. A +Def nature is overkill as Kyogre lives a +2 Arceus ES and Groudon EQ well enough with 252 defense, and it helps to buff Kyogre's special attack. 240 hp ev's give it 401 hp, which allows it to survive Blissey's Seismic Tosses.

Like I said, its a pretty good team, but be careful around Chansey/Palkia/Giratina/Forretress, as all of these pokes can be large threats.

Edit: Also, where did you find that threat list?
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Magnificent Faiyaz.

Magnificent Faiyaz. Ive had enough.

On Kyogre you might consider Scald over Surf for that 30% burn chance although its not that big of a deal.
    On Mewtoo if you really want to use 4 attacks then use Grass Knot over Thunder as it hits Kyogre a bit harder. But the main selling point is Grass Knot OHKOs Groudon while Ice Beam cant OHKO a max HP Groudon. Im saying this because im assuming you only use Thunder to hit Kyogre.
  5. fidgety

fidgety New Member

@donkey there is a reason i'm using both SD Ray and Espeed Killer theyShare enough Checks that one wears down the opposing checks as to allow the other to Sweep.

as for that Defensive core Mewtwo at least 2hkos all of them and i thrive on prediction since against this team palkia isn't using Aura sphere Rend is Setup fodder for Forry, Fire blast is the same for ray and Ogre, and thunder is nigh on a free switch for Dialga. no top of this Palkia is a common switch in for Ogre scarf palkia v +1/+1 ogre using Thunder 36-42%, +2/+2 (this will be after i used rest) 27-32% so if it comes in on Ogre i have setup fodder.

i'm going to stay with the Present ogre set though i may go modest as quiet is pointless as all offensive groudon and even some defensive (as to Phaze BU Dialga) run speed so at 0 Speed EVs i'm winning that trade off right there more oft than not.

and the arceus V goratina Calc is off +2 not +4 gets the 40-47% roll and its mainly for beating more common Specially defensive ones and if that is what they are using to keep SD ray down they are Boned as it cannot stop a +2 ray's outrage even without the LO even if they are Physically defensive.

also i've had the threat list for a while.

@faiyaz i'm using surf for the Extra power, Thunder gets things like Manaphy, Ho-oh and Lugia so i'm sticking with that the only reason i'm not using Fire blast in that slot is the rain though honestly.
  6. Donkey

Donkey Banned

Well, you've got to look at it this way. If Mewtwo is your main counter to stall teams, then its gonna have to be switching out a lot against scarfed pokes, and it can get worn down pretty easily, while your other pokes will be taking hits on switches. And if the other player makes good predictions too, then Palkia can really do work. Also, if I ever see a +1/+1 Ogre, I'll just switch into giratina and roar. With no special attack ev's on yours it will get walled by Giratina. Thunder is also very haxy, so you can't rely on Thunder doing a certain amount of damage. I use that Kyogre set I posted on my team, and I can't tell you how many times I've been parahaxed or critted by Palkia - changing the game for the worse. Also Giratina has 372 max def and 504 hp...are you sure +4 does that much without stab? Well, maybe with adamant.
  7. fidgety

fidgety New Member

8. Donkey

Donkey Banned

If you say so, but with Kyogre having no special attack ev's i dont think it would do as much as you think. I'd also switch in on a calm mind with Groudon to get sun up, I forgot to mention that. And either way, after phazing I'd go into a poke to take your attack. Parahaxing and crits with thunder, while statistically improbable, can ruin Kyogre - and Palkia can live +2 surfs pretty easily as well, especially if sun is set up. As for arceus v gira, if you say so lol.
  9. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

That would work if the person using Kyogre has no idea about something called "Switching out"
    This team can handle that situation, Kyogre doesn't have to do it alone :/
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  10. fidgety

fidgety New Member

well Before someone complains that i'm bumping it is because:
    1. I've gotten a respectable ladder peak.
    2. I've Completed the Threat List (this is Subject to Change) and the OP.
    3. There have been some Changes to the Team:
    • Ogre now is Modest.
    • Dialga has had a Change in EV spread.

Well feel free to rate i guess.

Edit: Expanded the Threat list i aplogize to people with poor internet connections for the 76 images strewn throughout the OP and Threat List.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
Moderators: fitzy